Friday, December 10, 2010

The weirdest thing...

I'm watching dear John...well, not really watching,but watching sha. I got to the point where they had fallen in love, and he came back home, and had to decide whether to go back into the army after 9/11, or stay with the love of his life. And she obviously didn't want him to go, but I guess she decided he should, but not before she gave him her most intimate gift.

At that point, I started to cry. I don't even know where it came from, but I was weeping, and I thought, why? Why did she not just hold on? Why didn't they do it right? It woulda been much more beautiful, more precious if they did it right,got married first, waited, held on,something.

Why does no one do it right anymore? Why is no one interested in that anymore? Why can't we just wait? As hard as it is. Maybe its because we don't set our eyes on the prize...I really don't understand it. Was like I was weeping for their love, so very beautiful, so worth the wait. But maybe they did not know better. It was like I was weeping for my lost love, wishing I could turn back time, make things right again. I remember that lovely beach party evening. As hard as it was, we tried. Like we had a goal, something we were looking forward to, a dream we were nursing, waiting for it to grow and flourish.

I think this movie is making me all mushy...I don't know...Will this love survive? Will I look into your eyes one day and be able to say it was all worth it?

Gen has gone off...bedtime is here. Happy first kiss anniversary...

No comments:

Post a Comment