Have I mentioned how much I do not want to be in Lagos right now? Today just showed why...
December 15. 9:42pm
I'm safe and sound! Thank God...in a bed, all covered up and warm. I carried my big head to go visit a friend, and to say it did not go as I planned is a humongous understatement. Not like I had a plan plan, but It was supposed to be pleasant at the very least. But nooo... Nothing pleasant about it.
I don't feel so good at the moment. Congestion, sore throat, head hurts,broke? Quite a cocktail of issues. So when I allowed myself to be convinced to go out with him, I did not expect that his car battery would go flat on ikorodu road, far away from my school/temporary home. I was a good sport, pushing the car and helping out. It wouldn't have been so bad if he did not piss me off at the end, which was the point where I began to regret the evening's choices. Thank God the battery didn't give way at the middle of 3rd mainland bridge...
I was pretty worried about going back to the island by myself. So worried was I that I even considered the most uncomfortable of options. Of course it was panic talking, and I realised that trekking to some other place for shelter would probably have felt better than the mortification that this option would have brought me. Thank the Lord for His timely mercies and alternatives.
In all, I'm thankful to have a bed to sleep on, and it would be a while before I agree to such trips again.
No comments:
Post a Comment