December 12, 1:17am
What a day I had yesterday! I went for the wedding as planned, and I came back with a bin full of stuff...literally! I have never gotten so many souvenirs, or eaten so much, at one wedding...Was quite fun hanging with the boys though, lots of laughs and all.
It is quite safe to say I spent the better part of this weekend lazing around...hopefully I will be able to get some work done later today.
Today is my sister's anniversay! See how time travels...with no thought or care for what you are doing with it. Time simply speeds right by, and at the end, you are left wondering where it went, or regretting why you did not use it properly. Its been quite a year for my big sis, and I pray its only the beginning of greater things to come.
In my journey through survival, I'm not too sure of where exactly I am at the moment. But today, I remembered and intensely missed our quiet midnight conversations. I imagined how my phone would ring, and we would chat on about all kinds of stuff. You would scold me about all the cold stuff I should not have had at the wedding, and I would ask if you had read your Open Heavens today. You would ask me to tell you how I love you, and I would assure you that I do, with all my heart.
I read, or heard somewhere that, and I'm paraphrasing, you should not focus on all the things that made you sad in a particular experience. Better to think about the things that made you happy. Maybe that's what my mind is trying to do, or maybe I just need to remember, and focus on these things, so I can sleep at night...somehow..
There are too many maybe's in my life. I need to eliminate them to the barest minimum.
its time to go to bed, so I can get up in time for church, though the early service isn't looking very likely...
No comments:
Post a Comment