Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Intimacy...

Its interesting how a thought leads to a thought that leads to another thought. I remember the most intimate times I have experienced so far... I ll tell you...

The time we slept, or at least tried to sleep. The fact that we can wear the same night clothes, the navy polo you gave me. We were so comfortable with each other, you and I.

The little hand ritual. That inconsequential activity with so much potency. We would weave a magical path through each other's hands, like we were sharing that deep connection. Every time our hands touch...a little slice of heaven.

When you looked at me. I remember that day, when you stared at me in the crowd, like I was the only one you could see, that you wanted to see. And every other time when you would look at me, with anger, or frustration, with wonder, or with love, I knew...I knew.

Everytime we spoke. Oh how I loved to hear you speak. Your voice was so...beautiful. It made me feel like such a queen. You would tease me about my large forehead, or tell me something that bothered your mind. You would rouse me from sleep to go and study, you would make me laugh as you tried to tell a story. That voice...even in the longest nights, the voice at the other end made it bearable.

All our writings...the texts...sooo many texts, words that I could read and imagine you speaking them. They conveyed so much of your heart to me. Those letters that I made you write, that soon became a part of us, even though sometimes you would forget to write them in time. Everything we wrote or sent to each other, was like history being penned down, every single correspondence, precious and dear.

The music. Not just any music, but certain pieces that you selected, that just seemed to fit. Times when we were together, when I was being overly practical, and you were just enjoying the music. Songs that conveyed what we felt, what we were to each other. Songs that I would only listen to when I was around you.


I fear, that if I don't write these down, if I don't express that which occupies my mind, I would not be able to function right.

No comments:

Post a Comment