Monday, June 21, 2010

trying my hands on poetry...

Trying my hands on poetry
Feeling from deep within
Wondering for a long time, when did this all begin?
I led myself to a place, a very deep place
With so much love to offer, so much love to give.
My mind slowly took it in, my soul embraced it
My heart broke through barriers and wove itself through it
Then suddenly the truth dawns, that truth that has been knocking
Let me be! Let me be! Spare me all the agony
I want my love, my heart, my companion
The only one that has become my heart’s champion
I want to love him, to care for him, teach him
Show him everything that together we can be
But this Truth, this Force, this Light, this Fire
Burns at my conscience, threatens my desire
I don’t want to let go, I wont let go,
I don’t want to be broken, to the depths of my very soul
But let go I must, the truth I must face
Must shatter this bond that I don’t want to break
Can I do this, can I leave?
Can I walk away from all the joy you bring?
here I am now, here I stand, aching for that love that some never have
will I ever have it again, will I ever be whole,
will I ever feel the beat of my wounded soul?
will I remain hurt, longing, craving
For my City Love, my missing fabric
Of one thing I am sure, of this I am certain
This beat of my heart,will never be silenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment