Monday, June 28, 2010

Is it okay if i go numb for a while

Is it okay if I go numb for a while,
If I seize to feel or care for this time
My world is spinning out of control
My nights still feel like a nightmare unfold
I cannot focus, be still, listen
Without this hurt resounding within me
I have this task, an obligation to fulfil
So where is the strength, where is the will?
This final lap, this ultimate chance,
This one opportunity I will never get back
I sit right here staring at my hands
Losing the urge, to move any further
Is there help, is there hope
Is there solace for my sorrow
Or will I end my race of all this time
With the result of failure, pain, and more tomorrow
Is it okay if I go numb for a while
If my mind seized to play, my ears to ring
But how do I go numb for a while
I seem unable to find the way, the means to shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment