Saturday, August 14, 2010

thots.

Everybody lies.

That’s what Dr. House said. Maybe he is a cynical, sad but utterly brilliant fictional man. Or maybe he saw people for who they really are, and he was sick of hoping in their almost non-exisitent goodness. Maybe.

I try to wrap my mind around the things I see, the discoveries I’ve made in recent time. Even now I’m trying to figure out what is wrong with the human race, but I have way bigger issues to deal with, so I’m gonna put it down and forget about it.
Human beings have an incredibly high capacity to deceive. I mean, everybody lies, yes, but the lengths that some people will go...it’s almost remarkable. The worst part is the pretence. How you will let the rest of the myopic world believe that you are all righteous and upstanding, full of integrity and honour. But you go to bed at night, knowing full well that you are no more than a lying, thieving, cheating scoundrel. A real piece of work.
I know you might be thinking, ‘this babe, you dey vex gan!’ Well, maybe. But I really am not taking it too personal, I’m just trying to clear my head.
Why do we do it? Because we are greedy and selfish. Self-seeking and twisted. Sometimes it’s for ‘noble’ reasons, like how I really do love her, or him, but I need to do this,i need ‘me’ time and i don’t want him/her to see this side of me. Even worse, she knows that side of you, but because she is so stuck, she is so terribly dependent, she does not know how to walk away. So she accepts it.

God forbid.

Its almost like everyone is the same. Like no one knows better. The guy who does all manner of things...cheats, steals, screws around, but only a select few know about it and they laugh at the rest of us who imagine that he’s the next best gift God has given the world. The girl who goes to church, worker and exco and stuff, but she’s lying, tricking and manipulating her way up the success ladder, like there’s only space for one person at the top.
I’m not trying to judge. Lord knows i’m past that. What I cannot get over is this: You are who you are. You screw up. We all screw up. Why are you pretending? Why are you lying, and making the world believe you are something else? Why are you running your mouth, forming holier-than-thou, when you are worse off? Cut the crap people. If I’m feeling like this, i don’t want to thing about how God feels when He thinks about us.
There is an inner weakness in us all. There is also the inner evil. Deep, dark, and horribly destructive. It’s up to you to let it rule, or to shut it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment