Monday, November 15, 2010

The Oluboba Woman.

I hardly ever consider myself a woman. Sounds weird to me, and I just like to think of myself as a girl, or a lady, not a WOMAN...sounds like such a big word with big implications.

But sometimes, the realisation of who I am, or who I am becoming hits me. I'm not just any woman, I'm an Oluboba Woman. So here goes:

The Oluboba woman is strong. She works long and hard, for long periods, no matter how tired she may be.

The Oluboba woman is emotional. She hurts at the pain of others, is not ashamed to shed a tear.

She loves her man. Deeply and with all her soul. So deep that she will fight for him with her own blood.

The Oluboba woman is beautiful. Not the regular kind of beautiful, but the kind that when discovered, it cannot be ignored. Or forgotten.

The Oluboba woman can be unsure. Sometimes she thinks so highly of others and under estimates the worth in herself.

The Oluboba woman is contagious. She has a laugh that speaks, and a smile that brightens.

She is passionate, a deep, fiery passion that can only be satisfied by her match.

The Oluboba woman is modest. Under all that modesty, you will be shocked at what she's protecting.

The Oluboba woman fears God. She lives to please Him more.

The Oluboba woman is determined. If her heart is set on you, you better know it's set.

The Oluboba woman is brilliant, intelligent, creative, witty.

The Oluboba woman will fall, but she won't stay down.

I am an Oluboba woman, perhaps the proudest one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment