Sunday, September 19, 2010

He did it.

He did it.

Finally, I can write about it. It’s almost unbelievable. But God did it. He actually did it for me! Wow...I’m listening to the songs I always listened to when I was hoping and trusting that He would give me a miracle, and now He has.

You may wonder what I am going on about. It’s my final year result! I finished with a 2.1. Now you may not realise the importance of this, so I will explain it to you.
Because of my history, I have always had some sort of expectation bestowed upon me. I did not really think I would have a problem living up to this expectation, at least where academics are concerned. I’ll like to believe I’m not a dull babe, and school work has never been that much of an issue for me. But somehow, i got majorly distracted, and my grades were on an almost steady decline, for one reason or the other. I’m pretty sure it was because God had said that I will never fail, that’s why I never ended up with a flat zero, or any carry-overs. Trust me, I do not give myself any credit for whatever success I have had, it’s absolutely all God.

Anyway, in my year one, my result was pretty good. Did not quite reach a first class, but along the line, I think hopes of a first class flew out of the window for all of us, so we all strived to maintain, and attain good second class uppers.

In year 2, my result received a big slap! It was the first time we were experiencing law, and the way questions were answered was just weird! But it was a learning process, and even God was rooting for me. I remember my contract exam. It was horrid! Like, I did not remember any cases, everything just flew out of my head! As God would have it, the exam questions leaked, so we had to rewrite it. This time, I was ready. We had to read under the street lights because there was no light in the entire school. I’m sure I would have had a bold zero if we had not redone that exam.

Year 3 was probably the year with the worst results. It’s sad how I cannot look back at that year and remember anything concrete that I did or gained. I was just floating, like a directionless confused human being. My result could best be described as mediocre. Very. One good thing that I can remember now that I think about it is that that was the year I started talking to icicles. Now that was definitely a good thing.

Year 4 was somewhat better. I had good influence, a good man who was always pushing me to work. My results that year were markedly better, except for one course that tried to screw me over. Thank God for God.

Now year 5 is the year I will never ever forget. The first semester was okay, except for yet another course that wanted to mess me up. Second semester was...unbelievable. It had to have been my most turbulent semester, heck, the most turbulent time in my young life! I was such a wreck at some point, it was amazing. I went from being claustrophobic, to sad, to desperate, to depressed, to crazyish... But somehow or the other, God was there with me, every single step of the way, even when I did not know that He was. You know the amazing thing? He started answering my prayers before I really started praying. Like I heard that in my jurisprudence, I had the highest score in the test. When I heard, i was like, what? Are you sure? Cos I did not remember that test being fantastic at all. I remember just sha writing stories, hoping they would make sense. And somehow, they did. And then I remember my Evidence. God had to have sent Prof Osibajo, cos that man is one heck of a lecturer! Because of Him, I understood the topic, and I loved my exam. As in, I actually loved it! It’s one of those papers i think back on fondly! Who does that? I guess I do. Evidence...I will never forget you. And my project. Hmm... I had this ‘wonderful’ lady for my supervisor, the kind that you are afraid to talk too much in her presence in case she gets mad and takes it out on your grade. Mehn, the Lord sha found a way to do it for me. Imagine, she did not look at the final project, she graded based on my past mistakes in the work! She’s one of those people I hope I meet in future, when I’m all rich and powerful , and when she does not have any kind of power over me anymore.
All in all, I had help. The Lord sent me all kinds of help. One major source was Gbonka. I think he will forever be my friend. He was there at my lowest point. He helped me through the project, from the beginning to the end. He was there, hoping with me, believing that i could do it, explaining stuff to me and teaching me when I did not have a clue. My God will bless him abundantly. There were others like Opard, who gave me useful tips, Icicles, who never stopped believing, Enniesams, who had my back all the way, Zibusiso, who made me laugh at times when I would have been crying hard. Even my Dad helped in his own way, cos I never went hungry.
Jehovah did it for me. In spite of my screw-ups, in spite of my sins, in spite of my unfaithfulness. He did it. He heard my prayers and answered them. He did not leave me to my own devises, nor did He punish me for my shortcomings.

Ah Lord, I don’t know what to say really, but i think a heart-felt thank you would suffice.
I give You absolutely all the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment