So this blog is kind of back-dated. I started it on the morning after, but did not quite finish it. I think its fine now...
5:35a.m
Its the morning after the dinner. While sensible people are still sleeping, or just about to wake up, I am just about to hit the sack. But before i do, i must chronicle my final year dinner experience, cos it was quite out of the ordinary.
So, after much stress, preparations and money spent, September 9 finally arrives. Final year dinner. There’s the buzz of excitement which reaches its crescendo in the evening. As I prepare with my friends, I await the arrival of my two dates. Yes, I did in fact have two dates. Two delightful young men who made the evening quite fun.
One of them came earlier in the day so we could plan for proper transportation. Apparently he does not drive at night anymore because of a near-death experience he had on third mainland bridge. I saw the photos of the wrecked car. Thank God for His protection. And for seat-belts.
Anyways, my outfit was generally simple. Quite elegant. My sister has great taste. The make up and the hair were the main wow factors, because I managed to look quite different, but not outrageously different. I liked the effect, and I thank God it worked out well.
As I had suspected would happen, my dates arrived later than planned. They were hanging out with high school friends, i just knew they would have too much fun and forget the time. But we were not that late, because the event had not really started when we got there.
The dinner was generally boring, as all dinners are prone to be. But i had a grand time laughing with my friends, and i did not regret bringing my dates at all, because they made it all so much fun. Without them, it would have been quite a drag. The mood improved a bit though, after the food and some more artistes came to perform. Spirit mode was present, and i still wish he had stuck to his fantastic krumping because the rap was ill suited for that event, not that the microphones were helping matters at all. Mongs got quite excited at the end and he felt the urge to dance. My, was he entertaining. I laughed so much, and somehow, his dancing grew quite likeable. Good thing i caught some of it on video. Did i mention that i tried some of their beer? In my mind, i was feeling quite adventurous, so i took a sip, then a gulp, then another gulp. Nasty stuff. Oyewalls, in all his ‘wisdom’, explained to me the dynamics of the beer. It still don’t mean i will be trying it again. I was glad my friends blended quite nicely. They were jolly and interesting and fun to talk to. Good stuff.
Now the height of my adventurousness. Mongs felt the need to party, since he was always busy most times, so somehow, with ekwi’s support, we stayed for the after party. It is quite safe to say that this was my first and last club party. Goodness, the club was packed, hot, smokey, the dj was dulling, we were tired...that cannot be my life on the regular. To think that some people do that every week! It was not totally bad. I had some fun dancing to select music and watching Mongs, but after a while i had more fun hanging with GB and talking with oyewalls. We had a very interesting conversation, perhaps the highlight of the whole afterparty experience. Turns out that we went to the same primary school as well, and he was the head boy, a year ahead of me. That explains why i did not remember all this. We talked about alot of good stuff, and when my feet were hurting like heck, we went to sit. Then i dozed a bit before it was time to leave. Suffice it to say, it was a very interesting dinner, i had fun, even got some good news which i cannot share until it is complete.
I decided to put something down before I go to bed. I am positively worn out, and my finger hurts.
Class of ’10 Law Dinner. It has come, it has gone. Thank God.
No comments:
Post a Comment