Sunday, October 17, 2010

just wondering.

They say you should let sleeping dogs lie. Somehow, i find that I'll rather wake the silly dog, get my answers from it, maybe rough things up in the process. I just don't know how to let things go without it being sorted. Maybe someday I'll learn. Maybe not.

I remembered this now cos of this slightly annoying conversation i was having. like of all topics to discuss, why do you have to bring that up? But you did, and now it got me thinking, and now I'll like to get it off my chest.

Dear Sir, you have mentioned, more than once, how i left you. How i broke your heart. So that an outsider looking in would think this girl was some heartless ingrate who ripped out the heart of the love of her life and walked into the sunset.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the way i remember it, i could not end it, because i did not want to end it. In fact, i remember calling back, the morning after, and begging that we should try. I'll try not to dwell too much on the subsequent times that i called, and begged and all of that.

Why then do you insist that i broke your heart, like i took a deliberate decision that led to your heartbreak? Why do you mention it in your ode, in that round-about way where you say you are not really saying it?

I might be wrong, and i'm willing to take full responsibility, as i have done over the past six months.

But i'm thinking about it really, that in the light of the circumstances, would it really be fair to say i walked away from you, and i broke your heart? Because if for the sake of saying, i did walk away after that conversation, i came right back, but you refused to take me back.

I'm not trying to point fingers, or make you feel bad, or any such thing. Lord knows this is the very last subject that i want to be writing about. I just could not shake it. And you know me, that when i cant shake something, i have to let it out.

Please, if you can bear to, think about it, and decide in your mind if i really deserve the burden of blame that has been placed at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment