Foolish.
Woke up that morning, thinking, darn, it’s today.
Now it would appear, that I’ve been a fool in many ways.
Foolish to think one time I could wing it
Foolish to think I was that strong
Foolish to not think, when I needed to think
Foolish to get us undone
Foolish to think I would not love you
Foolish to think you would not change
From being a just a nice fellow in my life,
To being the only one I cared to think about
Foolish for being so insensitive
Foolish for hurting you so
Foolish for not starting the fight early
At least we would have had more joys than pain
Foolish to think I could undo what I had done
Foolish to think I would stand
When once again I did a thoughtless act
And this time, you were gone for good
Foolish to think I would be okay
Foolish to think I wouldn’t cry
Foolish to think my life would be fine
When my sunshine just walked out.
Foolish to underestimate our love
Foolish to think you would forget
Foolish to think I would cease to matter
Foolish to think you would not hurt, half as much as I was hurting
Foolish to underestimate you, as much as I did me.
Am I foolish to try to live, am I foolish to be unable to forget
Am I the greatest fool in the world, because I cant help hoping, that one day...
Let it be then, let the world label me fool. Let me hope, till there’s nothing else to hope for.
Try and stop my heart if you can, try and tell it, stop beating for him! Try and tell my memories to leave me, try and tell my soul not to care.
Because as hard as you try, you will find that they don’t listen. As much as you scream, you will find one simple truth.
The love which we speak of, is nothing short of unusual. The love which we speak of, it refuses to cease. This love is willing to wait, until it can wait no more.
Let me be foolish, let me be silly. Let the world move on, my heart remains still.
No comments:
Post a Comment