The weekend is over. And it was semi-wasted. Because I allowed someone else use their bad choices to spoil it for me. I let my guard down, and I was burnt. Burnt is a bit of an understatement.
I don't blame anyone. I take responsibility. Because I knocked on the door and presented myself happily, with a wide grin and a placard that said, 'Feel free to take me for a fool'.
Isn't this just the wrongest time...well, rubbish hardly ever occurs at the right time. Is there really a right time for rubbish?
I don't even know which hurt the most, the fact that it was from the most unexpected source, or the fact that I let it happen. I hoped so badly that I was wrong, that I was being ridiculous,and I would be reprimanded for even considering it. But it just goes to show that there's not much of a point putting anyone of any kind of mental pedestal. They'll just disappoint you to high heavens. There's a reason God said,that cursed is the man who puts his trust in man. Even if its on the simplest level, the result is just hurt. And hurt. And more hurt.
Well, that marks the end of that episode. Tis time to keep on keeping on. Those books won't read themselves.
Happy Birthday to the newest ray of sunshine that has brightened my life...I love you in a way the world will never understand, and I wish you all the beautiful things God has planned for you...
No comments:
Post a Comment