Hello Bloggerville,
Its been a very long minute. Life has been...interesting, very many new things happening. I can confidently say that God has been very kind to me.
Its the eve of my 23rd year, and I know that in a few hours i will cease to be a 22 year old. So i want to capture this time that i will never get back on paper, as much as i can. I want to reflect on my life so far.
22 was miles better than 21. Miles. The hurt and pain of 21 spilled into 22 a bit, but not so much. I was blessed in many ways, and I shall mention a few.
I completed law school in 22. You might be thinking that its no big deal, but I know how big a deal it was. It was nothing but the mercy of the God of the universe that kept me. Law school was...fun. It was quite a hassle, filled with stressful days and sleepless nights. But it was worth it. I learnt many things, made new friends. I healed. I miss those times, but I don’t want to go back. I have lived it. I have moved on.
In 22, I experienced the kind of love I only dream about. I felt the love of a friend. Not the generic term, no. The true meaning. Omolaja is one of the greatest gifts I have been given. He is a gift that most times I don’t think I deserve. Sometimes I do not get why he loves me so much. But he sees me the way only he can. He was with me during the 3 weeks in camp, and he made it very worthwhile. I love him to bits, and I wont let him forget. I found my best friend. I found Omolaja. Oh and there are girls that would give a limb to be where I am...but well, sorry for you guys :)
In 22, I got a little niece. The most precious little child. Gorgeous too. She has brought such joy to my family. Such a little blessing.
In 22, I made a friend under the strangest possible circumstances. It was the weirdest thing. Almost no one understood. But it proved to me, that there are many impressions, many views. Many, 'this-just-cant-happen.' But why not? Who makes these rules? And why do I have to follow them? If they are rules formulated from the belly of human weakness and frailty, then I'm not interested in following them. I just want to forge my own path, and please God in the best way I can.
In 22, everything worked out in ways that were clearly not my doing. God showed me great mercy. I finished law school with a good result, started service, got work. I stumbled, fell, bruised, healed. I am a product of love.
In 22, i made up my mind, that my only source would be the Lord of hosts. The one who moved me from 90 bucks to a million. The One who made all things work. The Lord who heard my cry.
I have too many things to be thankful for. No complaints, no regrets.
Thank you so much, Lord Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment